POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Post to P.B.I : Re: First Post to P.B.I Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:14:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Post to P.B.I
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 5 Apr 1999 20:14:59
Message: <37094515.5FC05DCC@home.com>
>Margus
>Are the raindrops real objects or post-processing?

>How did you make them?

Actually all they are is a bozo texture on a plane infront of the camera. I
just took a bozo texture with a colour map of white and transparency so you
could see through to the scene behind and scaled it down untill the bloby
texture looked like streaks. I got this methode for doing rain from an image
on the IRTC.

>Margus
>I think the bricks would look better indented

>Ken Tyler
>I think the term you are looking for is a recessed mortar layer.

What do you mean by this? all the bricks are separate objects and the morter
is simply a large cube. I know it seems a little like overkill to have each
brick separate but I couldn't think of any other way to create the 3D effect
of the bricks protruding from the wall. Oh did I menstion I used Moray to
create this image? I use Moray for all my images. I guess I could have created
the bricks with some sort of macro but I don't know how these work, anyone
have a tutorial on macros?

>Ken Tyler
>Everyone knows that indenting mortar would be a mad and lunatic
>endeavour beneath even the lowest and unworthy Pov-ray user out
>there.

What do you mean? Joke?